Track: Content Creation
Think outside the box and go beyond the basic blog post. This track will help you to think viral and to create the content your blog or business's community is clamoring for. Whether you're wanting to learn more about content marketing or creating viral content, the Content Creation track features sessions from successful content creators who are sharing their best tips with you.
You’ve taken the time to identify the type of content you will share through your blog and social networks, but now you need to think about how you’ll get that content in front of your audience. How content works on your blog will be different from how content works on Twitter or in an E-book. … [Read more]
1. How to create several valuable sources of information from one piece of content.
2. How to provide unique value to your social networks that encourages sharing of your content.
3. How to position your business or brand as a trusted helpful resource.
What makes something go viral? Certainly great content is what gets attention and encourages pass-alongs. But why do some things remain as part of the cultural discussion for months, if not years, while other pieces of content fade quickly from memory? This session will explore how incorporating an interesting meta-narrative of performance into the mix … [Read more]
1. How performance is the key to ongoing viral success.
2. How to create an interesting meta-narrative of performance to enhance the content experience.
3. How participation and audience performance can be worked into content.
Your “About” Page is one of the first pages people visit on your website. It’s where people go to decide if they like you, trust you, and want to do business with you. It’s also the hardest page to write. There’s a lot at stake. Michael teaches how to tell the story of who you … [Read more]
1. Go beyond boring credentials and reveal more of your true self and character
2. Implement key storytelling principles for the relationship economy
3. Develop a superhero origins and explain the seeds of your natural authority
4. Reconcile the different parts of your past into a coherent and memorable storyline
5. Apply the Chocolate Secret – the fastest way to be endearing and approachable
6. Embrace social media and your identity online through a fresh vantage point
We’ve been lied to about what it means to be an “authentic”, “transparent” blogger. Your customers aren’t interested in watching you bare your soul or listening to you share your deepest secrets on Twitter. What they want is the best version of you. The characterized version of your persona that shows them who they want … [Read more]
1. Your customers don’t want the real you; they want the characterized version of you that helps them be great.
2. Authenticity does not mean baring your soul and airing your dirty laundry – it means creating undisputed credibility through your actions and marketing.
3. Your Blogging Superhero (the character you create) will allow you to better connect with your audience, while also giving you that extra layer you’ll need to deal with the (sometimes) nasty Internet.
These aren’t your grandmother’s rules anymore. Did you ever write an email while you were upset or tired and regret pushing the send button? Have you ever found yourself tagged in unflattering photos on Facebook posted without your permission, or been a victim of drive by tagging in a video? Netiquette, also known as Internet … [Read more]
1. Learn the Top 10 Rules of Netiquette
2. Learn the meaning of common acronyms and when to use them
3. Learn the proper etiquette on the Internet to prevent becoming a spammer.
Do you need more ideas for what to write about? Do you wish your sentences were somehow livelier on the page? In this interactive session, writers will respond to a set of prompts to enable them to create a list of words and phrases that will represent their “writing territories.” These territories will serve as … [Read more]
1. The ability to develop their own "writing territories" again and again so that they can get fresh ideas for creating content.
2. An introduction to the notion of "reading like a writer." Some of the best teachers are the texts written by other writers. In this session, participants will see how they can "read" texts, websites, and video in order to be given lessons for their own writing.
3. Sometimes when a writer can't think of anything to write, he or she needs to enter into dialogue with other writers, even if this dialogue happens in the form of reading. The metaphor "writing floats on a sea of conversation" seeks to explain this feature of writing, that sometimes we write best in the company of others.
Authenticity is for suckers. Who decided that authenticity is the most important factor in sincere online communication? In mediums that are dominated by tiny portraits and text littered with typos, how can you judge anything to be authentic? Online marketers want you to believe that whatever combination of text, images, audio and video that can … [Read more]
1. An understanding of what is authentic communication. Too much of what we communicate dances around issues in order to sell, draw traffic, or write crazy communication.
2. Ways to be truly authentic online. There are ways to be truly authentic, even with limitations of modern web communication. We can talk with one another and not be jerks, and who knows, form somewhat meaningful relationships.
3. A smile. I am a strong believer in the value of entertainment and the power of entertainment to educate.
“A Genius is just someone with fewer stop signs in their head.” No matter if you are a tech guru, a marketing genie, a blogging mama or papa, or an artistic soul you want to travel your professional and personal path successfully. You can’t do that if you are constantly stopping at STOP SIGNS, especially … [Read more]
1. You will learn the reasons why YOU put that stop sign in front of you in the first place.
2. For those times the stop sign can’t be removed, you will learn how to use your creativity to go ‘off-road’.
3. You will learn that helping others see their stop signs will help you move faster to your goal.
Join this esteemed panel as we explore the craft of content creation – and then leveraging your writing for other opportunities. The “new” reality is that brands, public relation firms, agencies, non profits and industry are reaching out to bloggers and want to work with you, your words, your site/blog. For many, this means paid … [Read more]
Who doesn’t love Star Wars? Seriously. In this entertaining talk, we’ll connect lessons from the Star Wars Saga to the art and science of blogging. You’ll examine the wisdom that Yoda, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and even George Lucas himself shared with their audience and see what that means for how you share with yours. Relive the movies of … [Read more]
1. Learn how to use Jedi Mind tricks when creating your content.
2. Gain key wisdom from Jedi Master Yoda.
3. See how we can learn from our mistakes and successes of the past so that we create a better future for our content.
Over the last 2 years BlogcastFM has grown to over 30,000 downloads a month and developed a listener base that tunes in for more than 2 hours a week. Some blogs have thriving communities, while others seem to be in a black hole. In this session we’ll dissect the keys to maximizing engagement with your … [Read more]
1. How to Create an Unforgettable User Experience
2. Why Relationships Keep Your Readers Coming Back
3. Why Quality Trumps Quantity in the Long Run