Track: Track Keynotes
Sentiment. Influence. “Buzz.” Social media is throwing off a ton of data, but how much of it is useful? The proliferation of clickstream information being generated by the social web has ushered in a new era of Big Data, but without insight, judgement and a little common sense, all of these numbers will drown us … [Read more]
Our attachments to each other weave the fabric of community. Community is affinity, identity, and kinship that makes room for ideas, thoughts, and solutions. A community is a social structure that shares personal values, cultural values, business goals, attitudes, or a world view. Online or offline community isn’t built or befriended, it’s connected by offering and accepting,. … [Read more]
1. Know the difference between vision and mission and how sharing them removes roadblocks to enlist people who want to support your quest.
2. Leverage your position, changing conditions, and your decisions to align your goals with great thinkers and doers to build something irresistible that you can't build alone.
3. Build networks and systems to support what you're doing that grow with you from the beginning.
For the first time ever, social media fatigue seems to be setting in. People are complaining, “Why join yet another social network? I just got Facebook where I wanted it.” Learn why Google+ might very well become THE social network for business in the coming months, and learn what you need to know to get … [Read more]
Blogs and other social media are a brilliant way to build a “tribe” around your point of view, but at what point does that become a business? Sonia Simone and Chris Garrett talk about the joys, challenges, and pitfalls of building a business around your tribe, with examples from successful businesses they’ve each built in … [Read more]
1. The essential elements of an effective Tribe leader
2. How to deal with Tribal drama
3. How to move gracefully from a free community to a paying business
Yes, parent bloggers can and should take themselves seriously. After all, if you don’t, who will? This session will cover the importance of putting on your game face as a parent blogger, earning respect and finding the confidence to break into success.
1. Learn how to position yourself and your blog as a business.
2. Get tips on dealing with naysayers and the stereotypes that frequently hold bloggers with “mom” and “dad” in their online name back.
3. Find out how to leverage your blog’s success to branch out into other endeavors, and ultimately make a real and livable income.
Blog from the Heart and the Opportunities Will Come…. Or will they? Just follow the strategies of the Pros and you’re Guaranteed blogging Success…. Or are you? Blogging from the heart is sometimes not enough and blogging purely from a strategic angle can leave you with a blog without Soul. In this session Darren will explore … [Read more]
1. You'll discover 8 keys to building a blog with Soul
2. You'll learn how to create memories for your readers that will make them feel a personal connection with you
3. You'll hear about 9 nine key strategies to consider that will help take you closer to your blogging dreams
It may not be the end of social media exactly, but the days of ad hoc and chaotic social initiatives may be coming to a close. As medium sized and large organizations come to the realization that “social” needs integration across multiple business functions, they will take the first step toward social business integration. While … [Read more]
I want to present the major ideas behind the book, but I also want to drive home the point that so much of what makes Social Media work is the common sense and manners that make for good humans. As more tools get released the later part seems to be forgotten more and more and … [Read more]
1. An overview of the 11 Content Rules
2. Motivation to change their thinking about social marketing efforts
3. Real world examples that they can use as inspiration and take ideas from to actually put into practice
Social media is bullshit? Blogging is bullshit? Jason Falls, co-author of No Bullshit Social Media will open your eyes to what you’ve always been told is right, but isn’t. He’s going to name names, he’s going to point fingers and he’s going to blow the roof off the joint. Coming to this keynote will be … [Read more]
1. Know what lies we're being told.
2. Know how to discover new ones.
3. Know how to make them truths for you.