In this panel you will learn what it takes to start a blog from scratch, build a loyal following and create an established brand that continues to generate revenue month after month.
2. Buying/Selling Established Blogs
3. Building a Brand
4. Site / Logo Design
This session will teach attendees how to create and build a blogger outreach program from scratch for their business or nonprofit. It will feature case studies and showcase best practices, how to find bloggers, successful pitching, relationship building, and effective tracking and reporting. If you’ve ever wanted to get bloggers to write about you, and … [Read more]
1. How to find bloggers interested in writing about you.
2. How to successfully pitch bloggers.
3. Tracking and monitoring your program.
If your blog shares your deepest, darkest secrets about your passion for Jersey Shore or troll head dolls, this is not the session for you. This is the session for serious bloggers who want their online musings to play a meaningful role in their business. Join Jay Baer in a practical, focused, advice-filled session filled … [Read more]
1. How to move your blog from a creative outlet to a driver of business success.
2. How to prioritize the activities necessary to build a blogging community.
3. How to create a blogging approach that creates readership and notoriety, without selling your soul or being a jerk.
It’s 2012 and the entire world has gone digital with online parents leading the charge. Every decision from what milk to buy to what vacation to take begins online. What are the best strategies to connect with this growing market, and how do mom and dad bloggers approach their unique audiences differently when representing companies? … [Read more]
1. Key differences in marketing via dad blogs and mom blogs including differences in audience and style
2. Specific marketing strategies to reach moms and dads
3. Examples of what works and what doesn't based on past case studies from the panel participants including how brands can best connect with parenting bloggers
Hear from photographers who also work with clients to use photography to make their initiatives more successful.
Real world examples of companies using photography.
Whether you’re a food blogger, car blogger, parenting blogger, or just love sharing with your audience, brands can add value to your blogging. With the right connections, you can forge mutually beneficial relationships with agencies and brands. A solid working partnership with a digital agency can connect you to a wealth of information, products and … [Read more]
1. The best way to approach agencies and brands
2. How to leverage your online platform to serve your readers, yourself, brands and agencies
3. How to work toward a full-time role working with an agency
Jake will discuss the current landscape of local and hyperlocal content sites, as well as some lessons he’s learned from 10 years of operating the Gothamist network of sites. He’ll take questions from the audience about the business of local blogging.
1. How to make money in local blogging
2. How to grow traffic in local blogging
3. How to design a network that will last 10 years
It’s hard to reach Hotmail’s over 350 million active users with all the news and product releases the team pushes out. Our official blog has become our main channel for communicating out all the news. But it’s a team effort and there are rules to be followed. In this session we’ll give the audience a … [Read more]
1. You'll see an example of how a big product like Hotmail uses a blog to communicate news
2. You'll see the tools the Hotmail team uses
3. You'll get insights and learnings into what works and hasn't worked in the past
Creating a blog is easy, but building one that attracts leads and makes sales? That takes some finesse, and now you can learn all about it during this presentation by the expert marketer Derek Halpern, the founder of Social Triggers.
1. You'll learn exactly how to craft content that scores loads of traffic, leads, and sales.
2. You'll learn how to convert random visitors into loyal subscribers and sales.
3. You'll discover the simple 3-step formula for building a blog that generates results.
Social Interactions and Online Commenting are arguably the highest forms of social engagement. They often result in creating or enhancing relationships with new or existing contacts, as well as nurturing vibrant online communities around blogs and web content. In the first part of this session, William Mougayar, CEO of Engagio will disclose the results of … [Read more]
1. Why do users engage and participate in social conversations?
2. Do they make decisions on products to buy and brands to support based on social conversations?
3. How are relationships formed as an outcome of vibrant online discussions?
4. Current state of practice and benefits from social conversations
5. Trends that are shaping the future of online commenting
Are you aware of the depth and breadth of opportunities for leveraging your blog to grow influence and expand your reach on LinkedIn? Most people are just scratching the surface of this active, affluent, 150 million (and growing) professional network. In this session, LinkedIn and business blogging expert Stephanie Sammons will teach you how to … [Read more]
Attendees will learn how to stand out as an LinkedIn influencer and implement high impact marketing techniques to drive blog traffic.
Working with brands is a great way for bloggers to make money, broaden their exposure, and gain professional recognition. But can bloggers maintain their credibility with their audience while working with a company whose primary interest is promoting a product? In a word, yes. But it takes perseverance and a willingness to ride and hold … [Read more]
In this session you’ll learn techniques for maintaining credibility with your audience while reviewing products and providing sponsored complimentary content. You’ll hear from bloggers who’ve struggled with this very subject and who’ve come out on top. You’ll even hear from bloggers who’ve faltered and learned from their experience. You'll learn: How to maintain credibility with your audience while working with brands. What kind of content works for both brands and readers. What pitfalls to avoid so you come out on top.
Almost all professional bloggers start their site while working a day job. However, the demands of daily life, especially your primary employment can be overwhelming while you are trying to start your online site. This session will discuss some of the strategies, pitfalls, and tools of running your blog while still working a day job.
1. Strategies for Keeping a Balance Between Your Day Job and Your Blog
2. Career Pitfalls to Avoid While Growing Your Blog
3. Workflow and Productivity Techniques
4. Productivity Tools of the Side-Blogger
Every blogger wants to make a full time living from their blog. The key is to know what your “paying customers”, aka big brands, are looking for in order to spend money with you. In this session you will learn the 10 best ways other than high traffic to have a blog that large brands … [Read more]
1. What brands look for to spend money on a blog
2. How much money large brands spend
3. Examples of blogs large brands spend money with and why
While most entrepreneurs and small business owners know they need to use their blog as an online marketing tool, the why and the how of this equation still remains a mystery. In this session, internet entrepreneur LaShanda Henry will help you better understand why blogs are vital marketing tools and how they can help you … [Read more]
1. Why blogs are essential marketing tools
2. How to create a “Good for Your Business” blog
3. How to attract Customers and PR Opportunities
Discover the simple steps you can take to break into big media outlets as a regular contributor. Increase your exposure, establish your credibility, and get access to the people you want to interview…all the while leading to more success and bigger pay days for you. From a casual blogger to the weekly contributor for NBC … [Read more]
1. How to break into Major Media Outlets
2. Leverage your position to gain access to incredible people
3. Getting into situations that benefit both you and the news outlet
4. Become the news organizations golden child