Community building is much more than posting regular updates to a Twitter account and Facebook fan page. Brands that are successful with social media and community understand that real people need to be interacting with their audiences in an authentic, helpful manner. Through case studies, personal experience, and stories from other bloggers, you’ll see how … [Read more]
1. Develop a company culture with community at the core
2. Use customer service to create brand advocates
3. build community offline through events
There’s a lot energy being focused on tools to implement community objectives and strategies, but we forget the human element: the enterprise that needs to be educated and the teams who carry out these lofty plans. The path to social media/community integration won’t always be smooth or immediate, but the key to making the transition … [Read more]
1. Learn how to build an enterprise toolkit consisting of Policy, Process and Education elements.
2. Learn the elements required of a community playbook.
3. Discover the internal community management skills required to be a change evangelist.
In this session I will present the 6 factors that have been instrumental in me building online communities of fanatics, repeatedly. These fundamental principles can be applied to any platform, service, brand, company or person. People want, even need, something to be fanatical about, be it a football team, favorite celeb, or a product. I … [Read more]
Actionable steps and a road map for getting more than engagement from your community.
From young women entering the work force to creative women entrepreneurs and established women in top-tier corporate positions, women are smart — really smart. The technology to use social media platforms may be a hurdle, but what truly keeps women from fully using these platforms is their fear of making mistakes when the whole world … [Read more]
1. Actionable items that any professional woman can incorporate NOW to gain traction and followers on Google+.
2. Learn the best way to match your communication style and strengths to your business goals using Google+.
3. Start building a network of community members NOW that helps move your career and business forward in the next week.
What they DON’T tell you in Online Community Manager School! Sometimes we need to look at things from the other side – of all the things we shouldn’t do, or new ways to look at the tasks we have to master to be a sane and successful Online Community Manager. We’ll share lessons learned when … [Read more]
The 7 Don'ts of an Online Community Manager
1. Don't do it if you're not passionate about your community
2. Don't be afraid to get to know your audience
3. Don't be afraid to try new things
4. Don't do it the hard way – the tools/shortcuts to use wherever possible
5. How to prioritize projects – Don't try to do everything
6. Don't just look busy – stay focused on goals
7. Don't keep it to yourself – share with and learn from others
Online forums and communities are nothing without active members. But attracting and engaging new members is a challenge in today’s ADD online world. Our panel of community rock stars comes to your rescue by sharing their top advice for recruiting, maintaining, and monetizing audiences online. We’ll discuss the practical and inexpensive social media, community … [Read more]
Low cost new member attraction strategies How to moderate member disputes Tips for encouraging member participation and word of mouth Attracting sponsors and advertisers Promoting your community using Google+, Twitter, and Facebook Fun and easy member activity ideas
My first business was offline, in 2003 I started the first outdoor coaching company in the wild hills outside Dubai, UAE. In order to gain access to those hills I had to meet with the tribes and get their approval. Seven years later I moved my business online and successfully applied the lessons I learned … [Read more]
1. Why every tribe is the same
2. Why you need one
3. What Tribe you should join
4. Where you should start building your tribe
5. When can a tribe help your business or hurt it
No sessions scheduled