Finding the right type of content to create can be a challenge. However, getting people plugged into your content can be even more difficult. With the onslaught of information hitting us, how can a business stand out and make an impression? The answer is communication. How an individual or business communicates to someone makes the … [Read more]
Attendees of this session will walk away knowing:
1. The difference between creating content and connecting customers with their content.
2. How to increase sales and referrals through effective communication with effective content.
3. How different types of content speak differently to audiences, and how to best use certain channels.
Bloggers who break news get followers. This session wil focus on simple reporting techniques bloggers can adopt that will allow them to take a lead on stories within their niche while still preserving the nimble nature of their blogs. Sessions covers how to find sources and get them past the “you’re just a blog” when … [Read more]
1. How to generate original content instead of simply writing about content published elsewhere.
2. How to find and maintain relationships with sources and turn those relationships into ideas for blog posts.
3. How to use the smaller, nimble nature of most blogs as an advantage when trying to muscle in on traditional media for interview requests.
Everyone always asks, “How can I rank #1 in Google for X?” While Google changes their algorithm almost too frequently to keep up with, there is one constant of internet marketing: link building. Building links will not only help you perform better in the search engines, but also bring more attention to your site. Link … [Read more]
1. More links = more site exposure and better rankings
2. Social media is an easy linkbuilding tool
3. Research methods to linkbuilding
We’ll be covering good editing practices for bloggers, concentrating on blog posts and pages, and also touching on longer forms of content such as ebooks. The four key steps we’ll go through are: (i) reading through your piece and making notes; (ii) editing the “big picture” (overall structure and content); (iii) editing the details (sentences … [Read more]
1. Understand the importance of careful editing as part of the writing process.
2. Learn practical, easy-to-implement tips for editing blog posts quickly.
3. Know how to edit and polish crucial pieces of content like landing pages, About pages and ebooks
Join Andraz Tori of Zemanta and Shane Snow as they discuss future trends of content creation and how that will affect bloggers and content creators as well as brands in 2012 and beyond.
Topics to be covered:
* Success Stories
* Tools that work
* Great Content = Great SEO
* Content Creation Outsourcing
* Social Media Influence on Content Coverage
* Brands as Publishers
Using the metaphor of running races of varying distances and combining it with the inspiring Napkin Dad Story I will explain how anyone, the person just starting a blog or long time veteran, can set themselves up for content creation success in the short and long term. Areas of effort familiar to runners are also … [Read more]
1. Attendees will learn how to prepare for the unknown. In running and in content creation you do not know for certain what is up ahead. Preparation for the unknown is key.
2. Attendees will learn how to pace themselves properly. Every race, every distance is different and puts different demands on us. Understanding the proper pace for what you are trying to accomplish is essential.
3. Attendees will learn that there is always something they can accomplish successfully. Comparing your achievements to others will do less for your success than comparing it to your own accomplishments.
Have you ever stared at your empty blog post and said, “I don’t know what to blog about?” Never again! In this fast-paced session we’ll look at 50–count ‘em 50!–resources, websites, and ideas so that you’ll always have fresh, compelling content to attract new visitors and engage readers at your blog. Bonus! You can use … [Read more]
1. An insane amount of resources to help you focus on creating quality content for your audience
2. Tips on how to turn other people's stale content into fresh content for you and your readers
3. Ways to have content ideas delivered to you on a daily basis.
The Challenges of Copyright in the Digital Age If you’ve ever been puzzled by copyright questions, don’t miss this opportunity to learn about copyright and expand understanding of your rights and responsibilities when it comes to intellectual property. This presentation will include: • The basics of copyright law • What is – and what is … [Read more]
Attendees will gain a full knowledge of when copyright law applies in their work; what the law allows (and doesn't allow) with the use of others' materials; and how US laws differs from copyright regulation around the world.
Who doesn’t like a good list these days? The truth is, using list posts as a tactic in your blogging style arsenal is one of the most effective ways to rengage your existing readers while attracting attention from new potential subscribers. Creating and publishing lists of resources, tools, people or even other blogs can … [Read more]
1. How to construct and use numbered, bulleted and hybrid lists.
2. How to determine which type of list is appropriate to use depending on writing objective
3. How to open and close your list post to encourage audience interaction in comments, social sharing and feedback
Although many businesses have finally seen the light when it comes to the power of blogging and content marketing to grow their brand and increase sales, most are still doing it wrong. In this fun and furiously fast-paced session, passionate speaker Marcus Sheridan of The Sales Lion will discuss the major mistakes he sees businesses … [Read more]
1. Know exactly how to start a successful business blog
2. Know how to write in such a way people and search engines will take notice.
3. Understand the biggest mistakes businesses make when starting a blog and trying to make it successful.
This session will show bloggers how to create outstanding written content, rather than relying on keyword-laden schlock and hoping the Google gods will be appeased. We will learn how professional writing techniques — including copywriting, fiction, journalism, and even poetry — can win readers, get them to share your content, and even write about it … [Read more]
1. What journalistic techniques bloggers can use to create short, but effective blog posts.
2. How both political speechwriters and songwriters stir emotions through visual language and how you can too.
3. Some grammar rules you learned in school are not only wrong, they should never have been rules to begin with.
As a blogger, you often feel adrift in a sea of noise. With the millions of blogs out there, how can one more make a difference? How can your blog change the world? By spreading ideas. To spread ideas, you’ve got to choose to Go Big or Go Deep, get into people’s Monkeyspheres, and use … [Read more]
At the end of this presentation, you will be able to:
1. Decide whether going big or going deep is right for you and your blog, and trust that decision.
2. Bring authentic connection into your interactions with your blog readers.
3. Use the monkeysphere and the ripple effect to spread world-changing ideas with your blog.
4. Create ideas that are meaningful, sticky, and authentic, so your readers will spread them.