Mur Lafferty & Rob Walch have been interviewing guests for their podcasts since 2004. This session covers tips and tricks to put together an entertaining and informative interview. It will cover the technical side of recording, including editing the interview and choosing to using Skype, the phone, or an in-person interview. It will also cover … [Read more]
1. How to record an interview – Different tools to use and when.
2. The Art of the interview.
3. How to find people to interview
4. The importance of editing a finished interview.
This session is designed to give you a thorough introduction into the world of video podcasting. In the session, you’ll learn why you should consider video podcasting, how it’s not as hard as you might think, what camera(s) you should use, the basics of lighting, how to get great audio, and so much more! Perry … [Read more]
1. Video is not as difficult as I thought it was, I can do this!
2. Video is an effective distribution channel for building authority in my niche.
3. I now know what I need to get started with my video podcast!
Did you think you’d be further along than you are in your podcasting journey by now? Do you feel like you’re just not reaching the full potential you dreamed of? Well then, it’s time you learned more than just the technical steps involved in making a successful podcast. In Overcoming Your Biggest Obstacle To Successful … [Read more]
1. You will learn the three keys to ensuring greater success at podcasting.
2. You will learn how to stop sabotaging your dream of podcasting.
3. You will learn how to discover your core values and use them to help you achieve your podcasting goals.
Many new podcasters find themselves occupied with checking the download stats of their podcast. Most podcasters are pleasantly surprised when they find that their show is being downloaded from all over the globe. This session is led be a panel of experienced podcasters who actually podcast from outside the United States. If you would like … [Read more]
1. You'll come away with a broader understanding of your potential audience.
2. You'll learn the common mistakes that many podcasters make, that actually hamper the ability of growing their audience beyond the US borders.
3. You may just come away with the inspiration of creating a podcast where the International Community will be your target audience.
This session, led by widely recognized fan podcasters will share tips and techniques for building a successful TV show or movie podcast. Panelists will discuss how to choose the right show, how to build a community around your podcast, how to promote your podcast, how to use your podcast to serve as a gateway to … [Read more]
1. Learn how to choose a topic to create for a fan podcast.
2. Learn how to promote your podcast to the the fans.
3. Learn how creating a fan podcast works as "gateway content."
Over the last six years, the concept of podcasting your book has gone mainstream. With over 1000 titles produced, it’s become a trusted method for authors to increase their audience, provide unique content that keeps their readers engaged, and a reliable sales channel.
1. How can giving away content lead to sales?
2. What unique challenges authors, and would-be authors, encounter as the pool of available works grows?
3. You'll learn the tricks from those who have come before and a few un-turned stones from pioneers of this new frontier.
How does she do it? A panel of top women podcasters reveal how podcasting has enhanced their lives, both personally and professionally. They will share how and why they created their shows, how podcasting has boosted their careers, and their best advice for how YOU can start a new podcast or grow an existing … [Read more]
1. What you'll get if you bring podcasting into your blog (or as a stand alone).
2. At least four what-to-avoids and a whole bunch of best practices as a W.I.P. (Woman In Podcasting)
3. Top three ways to create a loyal community through your show.
Podcasting has changed the face of stand up comedy. It seems that every comic has a podcast. Why is that? Why is it important for comedians to reach out to a new audience once, maybe twice a week? We’ll talk to the biggest stand up broadcaster about why it’s been important to take their act … [Read more]
1. Broaden your fan base without leaving your house.
2. How much plugging is too much?
3. Podcasts allow you to open up your personal life to an audience before they see you on stage. Make performing more personal.
4. Better than late night TV in terms of packing a club.
5. Sell your DVD’s and t-shirts to a whole country at once instead of one comedy club at a time.
6. Use your Podcast to help launch and sell your sitcom idea.
Creating podcast network can be daunting to those who do not understand the entire scope and possible pitfalls of this emerging medium. In this session, Andrew Zarian, Spencer Kobren, and Kunal Aroroa (From The Guys From Queens Network) will be discussing the do’s and dont’s of creating your own network, ways to think outside the … [Read more]
1. How to Develop an Podcast Network
2. How to Monetize your podcast,Thinking outside the Box.
3. Content really matters. The importance of compelling content
4. Live content vs. on-demand podcasts why both are necessary
In today’s world of digital media, podcasting is quickly becoming a method for acquiring and sharing your expertise in the world. It is not just a hobby, but is something that, when done right, can set you on the path to success. In this panel discussion, we will be sharing how we’ve used podcasting and … [Read more]
1. Don't wait for the credentials, demonstrate your expertise now!
2. Never stop learning. Continually work on increasing your expertise by stay current in your field
3. Be patient and persistent.
Successful bloggers don’t just blog anymore – they’re everywhere. The panelists in this session will share how podcasting in particular has taken their blog and brand to the next level, helping them get more traffic, more authority and more customers with this overlooked, but powerful and untapped medium.
1. The 3 reasons why podcasting is a no-brainer for bloggers looking to expand their brand and grow.
2. The truth behind several podcasting myths.
3. Actionable steps and unique tips from the panelists that you can use to start a podcast of your own and dominate your niche.
This panel will discuss some ideas about how to build a creative franchise around social/new media. Each of the panelists have extensive experience with podcasts, production, and finding (and growing) audiences.
1. Learn the difference between push and pull channels.
2. Learn why advertising and social media have so little in common.
3. Learn how to start growing an audience and how to keep it growing.
Find something that you love to do so much, that you’d be willing to do it for free. Then become so great at doing that one thing and people will want to pay you money to do it! Does this apply to podcasting? You bet it does! In this session, led by a panel of … [Read more]
1. Learn the various ways others have found to podcast full-time.
2. You'll walk away with an understanding of how much time, effort, and energy it might take to find a full-time podcasting career.
This session will be a frank and open discussion about current large and smaller podcast distribution platforms and the effective strategies to achieve audience growth. The session will share and discuss future types of distribution platforms that will help content creators reach audiences over the next few years. This panel will present experts from all … [Read more]
1. Clear understanding of all the core podcast distribution “Must Be On” platforms and tips to get featured
2. Understanding of the future direction and trends around podcast and web TV content distribution
3. How Audio and Video Podcast distribution and audience use is diverging based on screen size
There are a number of ways that podcasters have found to generate serious income from their podcasting efforts. This panel session is made up of Podcasting experts that have tried and succeeded at monetizing podcasts using multiple methods. Session moderator Rob Walch, from Today in iOS and Wizzard Media, is joined by Chemda Khalili from … [Read more]
1. You'll learn that really is possible to make money from your podcast.
2. You'll be able to go home and put one or more of these strategies into place with your podcasting efforts.
Most every podcaster wants to know, “How Do I Grow My Audience?” Many times they will say something like, “I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I only have (insert number) of people who are consistently downloading each of my episodes.” I’m all for growing our audience. However, I’d prefer to say, I’ve … [Read more]
1. Learn about the power of a narrow niche focus for your podcast!
2. Understand the need to keep it positive and provide hope!
3. Learn that content IS KING but that Audio Quality is QUEEN and there are times when the Queen will tump the King!
4. Learn why "Build It & They Will Come" does not often work in podcasting and what to do about it.
5. And at least twenty one valuable take-aways!
In the early days of New Media, the legendary “fam trip” (free travel to destinations interested in media coverage), was an elusive prize, available only to traditional journalists from huge national media outlets. In the ever changing environment of social media, destinations are now courting bloggers and podcasters, even those outside of the travel field! … [Read more]
1. Learn how you can travel to destinations worldwide for free
2. Learn how to travel smartly & lightly, and still get tons of great content for your blog, podcast, or video series
3. Know how to evaluate yourself the way a destination would evaluate you.
So you want to start a podcast and don’t know where to start? This session is the perfect place to begin your own podcasting journey. In this session, we’ll give you detailed overview of how podcasting works, we’ll cover the most important things to think about when it comes to deciding the topic and format … [Read more]
1. Learn how podcasting works.
2. Learn how to decide what topic to podcast about.
3. Learn how to choose the right format for your show.
4. Get your questions answered in the Q&A portion of the session.
In this podcasting 101 session, we’re going to talk about the different equipment options that are available in helping you to get your podcast started. We’ll also share valuable information that will demystify the setup of your podcast rss feed. We’ll talk about editing/post production, best practices for podcast websites and how which podcast directories … [Read more]
1. Learn about the various equipment options that are available to podcasters.
2. Learn about Editing Software options
3. Learn about the importance of the .mp3 format
4. Learn about meta tagging. What it is and why it's important!
5. Learn how to properly set up a podcast RSS feed.
6. So much more!
With professional podcasters, ranging from self-employed individuals to experience from the corporate front, audio and video content creators come together to talk about the realistic expectations of turning your podcast into a profit-making machine. This is not so much about the creation of the content itself, but more on marketing the content and proposing strategies … [Read more]
1. When you start podcasting, don't quit your day job right away.
2. Making money through your podcast versus your podcast as a money-maker
3. Why Podcasting matters in a full marketing strategy
The hunt for great story narrators has expanded as magazines embrace the digital age and drive more of their content online. Audio magazines are always on the lookout to find talented readers for some of the biggest stories and authors in fiction. How do you get started? What are the requirements? What are editors looking … [Read more]
1. You will be supplied with tips on how to break in to story narration
2. A list of magazines that are looking for talented narrators
3. How to use social media to your advantage in the field
Podcasting is a platform that provides a deeper connection your your audience because it brings you right into their cars, their homes, and their lives. With a podcast, you’re not a flat name on a page. You’re a real, living, breathing, storytelling friend — one they can trust and connect with. As your audience feels … [Read more]
1. Learn the value of seeing those who download your podcast as individual people and not just a "download stat."
2. Learn how to create environments that facilitate organic community growth.
3. Learn how to mange all that email and all those social media connections.
4. Learn how a podcast provides a level of intimacy with your community that no blog post can imitate.
Science fiction has always been immensely entertaining and popular, and has improved the world in important ways, whether it’s inspiring the passion of top scientists (such as Carl Sagan and Edwin Hubble) or warning about the dangers of nuclear war (On the Beach), ecological disaster (Soylent Green), or totalitarianism (1984). Now New Media technology is … [Read more]
1. You'll be inspired by stories of podcasters who have brought science fiction to the podcasting platform.
2. You'll learn what you need to consider if you desire to create a science fiction podcast.
3. Learn about how combining cutting-edge thinking with thrilling narratives, science fiction provides an ideal vehicle for disseminating important concepts among the general population.
Tom Webster, from Edison Research, is well known, in the podcasting community,for sharing his state of the union style address for the podcasting community. Tom will share some interesting new research from some 2012. From there, Tom will join a panel of experienced podcasters to discuss this new research information and what this might indicate … [Read more]
1. Learn about where podcasting has been.
2. Learn some very interesting new stats for podcasting, here in 2012.
3. Gain a better understanding about the future of the podcasting industry.